Computerised bookkeeping qualifications from the International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB) are invaluable to small business owners and anyone looking to develop a bookkeeping career. The syllabus covers a variety of computerised bookkeeping techniques, such as exporting and importing data and electronic submissions, financial data security, creating and emailing invoices and statements and more, giving you IAB associate status and the knowledge needed to progress to IAB Level 3 courses.
Intended for anyone who is involved in processing financial information.
An introduction to financial record-keeping provides the background knowledge and practical skills essential to all businesses.
Having covered the background knowledge, the course provides ideal practical training in how to use the Sage 50 accounting software to perform the basic tasks which are required on a day-to-day basis.
The hints and tips included show how to make use of the many time and cost saving features within the latest version of Sage 50 accounts.
About the course: Register for Trial
Course fee: £99 (plus £160 IAB registration fee, payable together)
Course duration: 48 Guided Learning Hours (i.e. the total time you should take to complete the qualification)
Method of study: Online/distance learning
What's included: Live lectures, recorded lectures, access to interactive study material, 1 to 1 tutor support
Level 1 Award in Computerised Accounting for Business (QCF) 601/5244/8
Awarding body: International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB)
The Level 1 Award in Computerised Accounting for Business is aimed at individuals who wish to begin their studies of computerised accounting and gain an entry level qualification from a point of no previous knowledge. It could also be undertaken if you have some practical knowledge and skills and wish to gain an accredited qualification in the subject. It is suitable if you want to learn the basic routines relating to the entry of bookkeeping transactions into a Sage computerised accounting system.
IAB Level 1 Award in Computerised Accounting for Business (QCF) - 9 credits
There are no formal entry requirements for the Level 1 Award in Computerised Accounting for Business. However, it is recommended that prospective candidates will already have basic skills in both numeracy and literacy prior to embarking on a course of study for this qualification.
The IAB Level 1 Award in Computerised Accounting for Business aims to:
1. Act as an introduction to financial record keeping using Sage computerised accounting software.
2. Give you the necessary skills to carry out a range of basic day-to-day computerised accounting routines and activities using Sage software, including the entry of business transactions and other routine basic bookkeeping tasks.
3. Provide an understanding of the importance of maintaining accuracy, security and data integrity in performing any bookkeeping tasks using accounting software.
4. Give you an understanding of the capabilities of the software and how it can enable better financial management and control of a business.
5. Enable you to progress in their learning, by further developing their knowledge, understanding and skills of dealing with financial transactions by:
6. Provide progression opportunities for you to study for further units at Level 2 which, at that level, will enhance your understanding of the professional ethics of bookkeeping and relevant legislation and to gain underpinning knowledge of maintaining a double entry bookkeeping system.
7. Enable you to progress into self-employment or employment by preparing you for various job roles which may include, but are not limited to, junior bookkeeper, accounts clerk, finance assistant, data entry clerk, invoicing clerk, sales ledger clerk or accounts trainee.
On successful completion of all the units, you will receive a certificate to confirm the achievement of the Level 1 Award in Computerised Accounting for Business (QCF). The certificate will include the full name and accreditation number of the qualification and the award of Pass.
You will also receive a certificate from Sage confirming your competence in the use of Sage accounting at Level 1.
Benefits for trainees:
Benefits for employers: