This course provides a route to obtaining an accredited Level 2 qualification from the International Association of Book-keepers (IAB), academic partners with Sage UK - two of the biggest names in the bookkeeping industry.
You will cover manual bookkeeping techniques while learning to use Sage 50 Accounts - the software of choice for most small and medium sized organisations. In fact, Sage 50 is a comprehensive business management system that can provide valuable information on customers, suppliers, products and areas of profitability.
Intended for anyone who is involved in processing financial information.
The qualification delivers a thorough grounding in the theory of recording and processing the accounting records legally required to be kept for every business.
It includes training on the business legislation, VAT, banking procedures and costing required by bookkeepers.
About the course: Register for trial
Course fee: £199 (plus £200 IAB registration fee, payable together)
Course duration: 112 Guided Learning Hours (i.e. the total time you should take to complete the qualification)
Method of study: Online/distance learning
What's included: Live lectures, recorded lectures, access to interactive study material for 12 months, 1 to 1 tutor support
Qualification earned: Level 2 Certicate in Computerised Accounting for Business (QCF) 601/5245/X
Awarding body: International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB)
The IAB Level 2 Certificate in Computerised Accounting for Business is aimed at individuals who have some experience of working with Sage but littele experience of manual double entry bookkeeping. Manual and computerised accounting principles are brought together so the learner can process and understand the primary transactions within a business. There are no formal entry requirements, although it is recommended that you will already have basic skills in numeracy, information technology and literacy before you start.
IAB Level 2 Certificate in Computerised Accounting for Business (QCF) – 16 credits
Plus a Certificate of Competency recognised by both Sage and the International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB).
There are no formal entry requirements for the Level 2 Certificate in Computerised Accounting for Business. However, it is recommended that prospective candidates will already have basic skills in both numeracy and literacy prior to embarking on a course of study for this qualification. The successful completion of the IAB Level 1 Award in Computerised Accounting for Business (QCF), would allow natural progression to this Level 2 equivalent qualification.
The IAB Level 2 Certificate in Computerised Accounting for Business aims to:
1. Act as further understanding of financial record keeping using Sage accounting software and the fundamentals of a double-entry bookkeeping system.
2. Give you the necessary skills to carry out a range of day-to-day computerised accounting routines and activities using Sage software including the entry of business transactions and routine basic bookkeeping tasks such as the posting to ledgers and the preparation and use of journals.
3. Provide an understanding of the importance of maintaining accuracy, security and data integrity in performing any bookkeeping tasks using accounting software.
4. Give you a greater understanding of the capabilities of the software and how it can enable better financial management and control of a business.
5. Enable you to progress in their learning to further develop their knowledge, understanding and skills with financial transactions by:
6. Enable you to progress into self-employment or employment by preparing them for various job roles which may include, but not limited to, bookkeeper, accounts officer, finance officer, credit control officer, purchase ledger supervisor or sales ledge supervisor.
On successful completion of all the units, you will receive a certificate to confirm the achievement of the Level 2 Certificate in Computerised Accounting for Business (QCF). The certificate will include the full name and accreditation number of the qualification and the award of Pass.
You will also receive a certificate from Sage confirming their competence in the use of Sage accounting at Level 2.
Benefits for trainees:
Benefits for employers: