Intended for anyone who is involved in processing financial information.
Delivers a basic theory of recording and processing the accounting records legally required to be kept for every business.
The course provides ideal practical training in how to use the Sage 50 accounting software to perform all the tasks which are required on a day-to-day basis.
The hints and tips included show how to make use of the many time and cost saving features within the latest version of Sage accounts.
As this Skills Unit forms part of the International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB) Level 1 and 2 qualifications in Computerised Accounting for Business, it is possible to complete the relevant qualification at a later date.
About the course: Register for trial
Course fee: £249 (plus £200 IAB registration fee, payable together)
Course duration: 110 Guided Learning Hours (i.e. the total time you should take to complete the qualification)
Method of study: Online/distance Learning
Whats included: Live lectures, recorded lectures, access to interactive study material for 12 months, 1 to 1 tutor support
Awarding body: Sage and the International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB)
This course covers the essential functionality to help you make best use of Sage 50 Accounts. You will learn how to set up your company details, create your nominal ledger, your customers and suppliers. You will also practise entering opening balances, posting transactions, using corrections and reconciling the bank
- Understanding how a computerised accounting system fulfils all the functions of a manual double entry bookkeeping system
- Installation, configuration and the day-to-day use of Sage 50 accounts software
- The course provides comprehensive and practical training, assuming no previous knowledge of bookkeeping or Sage 50 accounts
- Using a Computerised Accounting Application (i.e. Sage) - K/506/8750 (5 credits) (a Level 1 unit)
- Setting Up and Processing Using a Computerised Accounting Application (i.e. Sage) - M/506/8751 (6 credits) (a Level 2 unit)
What is included
- Six months of unlimited tutorial support
- Bespoke course materials
- A 180 day Sage 50 Accounts licence
- Mock assessments
- Assessment fees
- Six months' IAB membership (required to take the IAB assessments)
- 24 hour access to the online teaching area
- Free career management centre services
- Optional NUS card - the definitive student discount card with a range of exclusive discounts
- Getting started with Sage 50 Accounts and introduction to financial record keeping using Sage accounting software
- Necessary skills in carrying out a range of basic day to day computerised accounting routines and activities using Sage software (The activities will include entry of business transactions,and routine basic bookkeeping tasks)
- Understanding of the importance of maintaining accuracy, security and data integrity in performing any bookkeeping tasks using Sage software in computerised accounting system
- Gain an overview of the three integrated ledger systems - Nominal, Sales and Purchases
- Understand the choice of methods and implications for standard VAT and VAT cash accounting
- Learn how to record product/service invoices and credit notes
- Learn how and why to backup and restore data, and also how to check and verify data
- Key routines for correcting posting errors and reversing transactions
- Discover how to reconcile your bank account in Sage 50 Accounts against your bank statement
- Learn how to set up new user access, customise your access and test it
Receive a Sage Certificate as proof of your skills helping boost your CV and prove you're a capable Sage software user.
As an employee
- Gain official proof that you are a competent Sage user
- Learn skills that will help you to be more productive in the workplace
- Sage Certification is a valuable qualification to add to your CV
As an employer
- Increase your employees' competency, efficiency and productivity
- By providing great training, you will increase employee morale
- Simplify your employee selection and hiring process - Sage Certification marks an individual out as a competent Sage user
- Encourage a culture of professional development and excellence amongst your workforce